Friday, November 12, 2010

I'll Keep Up

I'll keep up the blog, as long as everyone else is too!

I've been running and biking but only two or three times per week. Mostly only two. I went a couple of weeks ago and my hip really REALLY started hurting me, so I laid off it. It is the same pain I've had for a long time, I'm pretty sure it is bursitis pain. I can run through it and generally it actually goes away while I am running and then comes on very strong when I go from running to walking. It is worse on the treadmill than it is outside, which explains why it has gotten so much worse, since I've been mainly going running on the treadmill at work during lunch, since it is so damn dark here now so much of the time and I really hate running outside in the dark.

So, I was thinking I probably needed some insoles, started looking at insoles, some of them are quite expensive and then I thought, you know, I am clearly doing something wrong here. I had knee pain, I got a shot and a new pair of shoes. Now the knee pain is solved, but I have hip pain in the opposite leg. I can go get another shot and buy some insoles, but I really want to figure out what the problem actually IS, so I can stop spending money on things that I am not entirely certain will fix the problem. SO, to that end, I scheduled an appointment with a physical therapist. They will do a complete evaluation and make recommendations including orthotics if that is what is needed.

I had it scheduled for Wednesday morning, but that morning I was entirely unwilling to be without my phone right next to my ear for an hour (the whole Kailey thing), so I cancelled it. I am traveling to Vegas for work next week, so I now have it scheduled for Monday the 22nd.

I'll see about going today, but I'm not being too hard on myself for laying off it until I figure out what is going on with the hip.

1 comment:

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!