Saturday, October 9, 2010

9.3

I had set out to do 8, in Pinetop, as a last-ditch effort to prepare my body for the half. I drove up highway 260 towards McNary and planned my route. Well it took me 20 minutes to do the first mile, so I thought that would probably be my pace. I got to my landmark where I was supposed to turn around, and looked at my time, and it was 12 or 13 minutes under where it should have been. The first part was almost entirely uphill, with an elevation gain of 260 feet. In order to have that time, I would have to be doing 17-minute miles. And since the first mile took 20 minutes, I had to have been going even faster than that for the next 3. Also I was walking most of the time. So I decided it didn't make sense, and there must be 2 overturned construction signs on the side of the road, and I needed to keep going till the next one. So I kept going and didn't see anything and said fuck it, I don't care if I went less than 4! Then about the last 2 miles I just walked because my feet were hurting and I was just too tired. When I got back to my car, I drove what I actually walked, and it was 9.3 miles. Then even with the 2 miles of walking at the end, my time was still just barely over 18-minute miles.
Could losing 10 lbs make that much difference? I must have done something wrong.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I thought you were doing just over eighteen minute miles?

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!