Friday, October 8, 2010

2.85

Total time 37:01, 12:59 miles. All good. I am mad at Chris because he made a comment to the dog this morning that it takes me longer to get ready to run than it does for me to run. Then, later in the morning he asked me if I was paying bills and I said "no, I only pay those on Tuesdays" and he was all "oh yeah, okay" with sort of a tone. So, I got mad again and said he was welcome to pay them any time he wanted if he had a better way and then he accused me of being "sensitive".

So, now my plan is to not speak to him for the rest of the day.

3 comments:

  1. It takes me a good 20 minutes to get ready. Maybe even longer, I haven't timed it. The knee braces take at least 5 minutes just by themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I don't know how long it takes me either, but my routine includes drinking a cup of coffee, perusing my favorite blogs, hemming, fending off the dog (who spends his morning poking and prodding me with his nose, jumping on my lap and otherwise making it clear to me that HE IS GOING WITH ME), checking the weather, changing my outfit due to the weather, hawing, and gathering my multiple implements that I need in order to go.

    That being said, I still don't see how it is any of his fucking business if I spend all damn day getting ready! I don't need snide comments being made to the dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It just sounds to me like he is being an ass, or trying to pick a fight or both. I wouldn't talk to him either. That passive aggressive shit where you say something to someone else in the room in order to communicate something to a different person drives me batshit crazy.
    When I said at least 20 minutes, I was just talking about getting DRESSED. The pre-preparations for my long run are at least an hour and a half - that's before I actually start putting my clothes on and filling up my camelbak and such.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!