Sunday, October 10, 2010

8.55

My last long before the big day and I think I am as ready as I ever will be. My total time was 112:32, which is about 13:09 per mile. Good enough!!

Now, I will say this, just as some general advice and something I learned today. I started out the run in my sleeves with a tank top underneath. I ditched the sleeves when I got warm enough,which was around two or three miles. But then, around mile five a wind kicked up and it was pretty chilly and I was wishing I had my sleeves back. So, lesson being make sure you don't ditch your sleeves until you are absolutely CERTAIN you don't want them any more. And I think we should all three give Chris sweaters to bring to us at the finish line, since you might get pretty chilly again pretty darn quick after you stop running. It is going to be cool to cold here, not warm, so pack appropriately!




2 comments:

  1. Marianne do you have extra sweaters? They take a lot of room and I don't want to check a bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a fleece you can borrow for after the race, but I don't have any extras that I am willing to have ditched, so you need to bring whatever you want to ditch on the route.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!