Sunday, November 22, 2009

only a half marathon?

So today as I'm getting ready to go running, my kids are asking why I have to go and can't I just miss one day. I told them that I'm doing the half marathon and that I haven't run since Thursday and I need to be ready. To which J responded, "you're only doing the half?" Such high expectations I have created for these kids!

Anyhoodle, I did 6 miles tonight and I ran the whole way. The last mile was quite painful and I would have stopped probably except that I had already written this post in my head and was so happy to announce that I ran the whole way. I think I did about a 13 min pace. So, I'm not where I probably need to be at this point. I need to commit to increasing a mile per week on the longs, and really being disciplined about my weekday runs. Yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!