Saturday, October 19, 2013

in ruins

Here comes another song about Mexico
I just can't help myself
- RCPM

I had a little hiatus from running south of the border last week.  I took the kidlets to Cancun for Fall Break and it was really an incredible trip.  I'm glad I brought my running shoes, not because I ever ran in them, but because I wore them on the flight home.  Both pairs of my most cool Nike flip-flops were emitting an odor so foul I was embarassed to get on the plane with them, so I threw them away at the airport.  I'm guessing it was from swimming in the ultra-pure waters of the Mayan Cenotes.  I did think about running, however, if that counts.  But every time it occurred to me, I thought how crazy it seemed to do that when the beautiful beach lay just beyond our balcony, and my bed was so comfy.  I did walk probably 3-4 miles around Chechen Itza, a large city of Mayan ruins, when it was so humid I had not only bra sweat but butt sweat, if that counts.  I also did some kayaking, snorkeling, and ocean swimming, as well as a lot of beach chair sitting.  These are a few of the reasons why I run - so that I can enjoy myself on vacation.  Anyhoo, I was up and on the mountain first thing this morning.  It's always a little scary after having taken 6 days off.  You never know how it's going to go.  But I had a great run this morning.  A sweaty guy and I took turns passing each other, and that really kept me going, and at the end he thanked me for pushing him (when really he was pushing me).  I love the mountain people.  So 4.5 for the day, and the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!