Thursday, January 29, 2009

Well, according to the training schedule I spent 45 minutes (of company time) creating, I should have walked 2 1/4 miles today. But instead I ate rice bowl and cold cereal because fuck that.

Haha just kidding. I am actually getting OUT of my pajamas and going out now to do the motherf***ing walk.

Later: You know Sandy, I went to that Galloway guy's website and I was all "yah, cuz I really need this guy to tell me how to walk" but then I did some of his tips like shorter, faster steps and moving my arms properly and damned if I didn't get as good a workout as I usually do at the gym.... it was odd.....it was like it was less effort for more effort, if that makes any sense. Definitely different than my usual walk.

BUT, I have to say I walked about a 16 minute mile....and it wasn't my usual saunter if you know what I am saying....so I'm a bit concerned that we have to be able to do 15 minute miles or get picked up by the paddywagon of shame. But that is the same thing I worried about last time, so I guess I'm just going to do it and not worry about it. Right?

2 comments:

  1. Yes. You are going to just do it and not worry about it. I think they just say that to make sure that people who attempt the half are at least in reasonable shape so they're not picking up bodies off the road. I don't know if the proverbial paddywagon even exists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also you will be amazed at how much faster you get in a short amount of time. A matter of 2 weeks and you will notice a change. OMG I think I just pooped in my pants.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!