Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pain is Privilege

That's what a coworker said to me today when I asked him if he thought I could be ready for this by May 3. (He said he thought I could but that it would be a ton of work and pain.) I laughed when he said that but he was serious - that I have good health and resources and time to commit to pushing my body to its limit and experience the euphoria of a goal met. And he's right I suppose if you look at it that way.

Anyhoo, he also recommended this website to me: www.jeffgalloway.com
This is a veteran marathon runner and coach, and he advocates the run/walk method and only ONE long run per week. He also feels that with his methods a half or full marathon is within almost anyone's capabilities. And he said it helps you finish faster! So, I'm going to do this on my long runs, which I plan to do on Saturdays. I'll let ya know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!