Wednesday, December 3, 2014

I'm trying here

Take back your pictures
Take back your letters
Don't send me no postcards
Telling me you miss me
Cause I'm trying here
I'm trying here
- The Head and the Heart, Gone

It's easier to be happy when there are things to look forward to, like visits from family, delicious foods, organized runs, high stakes football games. With all of that gone, this week started in a funk. So I spent my morning furiously plotting my social calendar. Two tinder dates this week, two lunches with former colleagues, a wrestling meet, a gym holiday party I will force myself to attend for at least 30 minutes, and a charity event Friday. I'm thinking about doing a night run on Sat and Tempe Festivus of the arts is this weekend. So all is good, see? And this evening at 8:30 after fast food and chocolate cake, I forced myself out for a run, which was slow but good indeed. I said to a friend today that I think Tinder is scraping the bottom of the barrel, to which he replied, "it IS the barrel." I had to laugh. It's as easy as shooting fish in a barrel. I write this as I walk slowly around my block until I hit 10,000 blessed steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!