Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Something In Common

All my mornings start with the alarm clock
Every dream gets stopped before the end
And with each bit I remember
The more the details run together
And I'm left with a message I don't comprehend
I've lost contact with the great beyond again
- Dawes

This view never fails to inspire me when I take my evening jog. And yet I feel depressed. I think I'm depressed. It's really hard for me to get out of bed these days, and harder still to force myself out on the road. I'm tired of being alone. And I see my boy leaving more every day as he grows more mature and gains his independence, which is his right - he doesn't need his mom relying on him for company. Maybe it's that it stays dark so late in the morning now, and grows dark so early.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!