Sunday, September 13, 2009

Time to train

18 weeks until the big day. 16 weeks until it's time to taper. That's four short months, people! I'm practically starting over, having quit running and gained another 5 lbs. the last 2 weeks of my unemployment. So I am now 10 lbs over my last race weight, but I am still running faster, so it's ok. The weight will come off now that I'm back to work and on my feet all day again.
I ran 3 days this past week for a total of 6 miles. I am doing my long today which will be 5 miles. My goal for this race is to finish in 3 hours. That is just under 14-minute miles.
Looking at how the mileage will be increasing during the training period, we should probably be peaking right around thanksgiving through christmas. That will be awesome because then we can eat some holiday food guilt-free!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!