Wednesday, April 22, 2009

to taper or not to taper

I prefer not to waste time and energy tapering. I prefer to just stop suddenly.

I did 6 miles tonight, and it was a pretty strong 6.

So, I'm gonna do great on May 3. Here are the things working in my favor:

1. The first two miles of my running route are uphill, and there are several other hills. The first 5 miles of the marathon route are downhill and the rest is flat. So, there's some built in momentum there.

2. The marathon is at sea level, which will be easier than Phx altitude even though Phx isn't very high.

3. There will be sea breezes and beautiful scenery and thousands of people to look at.

4. There will be water and gel stops every couple miles.

5. Right now I do most of my runs with a dog bouncing like a rubber ball on a string, so I do expend energy trying to control her for the first couple miles. Its much easier to run without her.

6. I will have the power of the SISTAHOOD propelling me forward, and hopefully I can jump aboard a cloud of oblivion.

7. I will run with the knowledge that I am accomplishing a lifetime goal, and also with the knowledge that I NEVER HAVE TO DO THIS AGAIN.

8. I am one strong motherfucker.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah you are! WHOO HOO! I'm really looking forward to seeing both of you finish! I'm bringing my camera to document the joy and the pain.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!