Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Run baby run

Lace up your shoes (hey-o)
Here's how we do
Run baby run
- We The Kings, Check Yes Juliet

This summer has been such a hard one for running. I only had 38 miles in June and exactly 50 in July (only because I knew I needed exactly 2.5 miles to hit 50 so that's what I struggled through in the treadmill). U e had such bad allergies all summer that I'm wheezing when I run and it feels like I can't get enough oxygen. Add that to the heat and crappy eating and general malaise, and it's a bad summer. But last night I hit the gym even though it's a scheduled day off, simply because I wanted to run. It has been awhile since I felt that. And I had a decent run. And tonight I had the best run I've had in a long time. I felt natural on the treadmill finally and ran 3 without stopping, including inclines! Perseverance is the sharpest arrow in the runners quiver.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!