Friday, March 5, 2010

its not a tumor

ok kidding but I might have cancer, that's all I'm sayin. Ok kidding. But, my cortisol levels are twice the level of the highest "normal" range. I don't know how big a deal that is, but my doctor suddenly has ordered multiple tests and an MRI on my adrenal glands. I did some research and it appears she's concerned about Cushing's Syndrome, which is an overactive adrenal gland, which is often caused by a tumor on the gland, which is sometimes cancerous. The primary symptom of Cushing's Syndrome is sudden weight gain, especially around the waist. Which is exactly me. My kids have actually been noticing my belly lately and Jake asked me the other night if I'm going to have more kids (after he suspiciously eyed my gut). So, honestly I hope this is it so at least I have some reasonable explanation and a reason to think I'll be better. But in any case, I have a really good excuse for my failure to exercise and my weight gain. haha.

2 comments:

  1. I myself have no excuses. Zero. But I do plan to get back on track starting tomorrow. With food and exercise both! I want to be able to get my tattoo with Sandy and no matter what, I won't feel right unless I am below 200 pounds, since that is always what I have told myself.... that when I got below 200 I would get a tattoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 200 pounds and 40 years old. Definitely some great milestones to mark with tattoes!!! hee hee.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!