Saturday, December 11, 2010

Downshift

I walked two miles today. I have not exercised for two weeks and have been eating like shit for the same two weeks. And now I have a cold, since that is what happens when you eat like shit and don't exercise for two weeks, especially when your body has gone months upon months without being treated with such disrespect.

Anyways, so I am downshifting to walking right now, possibly going to try the elliptical machine next week, although I said that last week too and it didn't get done. I just need to get my head on straight and remember that exercise does not equal running all the time, and this is my life, not some "abstract ideal" as the president says. It's all fine and good to say "as long as I go I win" but it turns out you actually have to believe it or you won't go at all.

1 comment:

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!